TR Symposium and TRNP’s Dakota Nights Astronomy Festival
BCA’s third warm season gathering centers around two annual events celebrating western North Dakota. The Symposium is the brainchild of the TR Center at Dickinson State University and Theodore Roosevelt National Park hosts the Astronomy Festival. Both are highly worthwhile events and we encourage BCA members to attend!
BCA members should plan to gather at TRNP’s Cottonwood Campground Amphitheater prior to the Saturday, September 16th , evening ranger program to check in and share their experiences. It will also offer an informal opportunity to ask questions and compare notes on current and ongoing BCA issues. The Park has not yet finalized their schedule but plan to show up an hour before the amphitheater presentation starts. We’ll go directly to Peaceful Valley after to take in the festival’s nightly field of telescopes – a spectacular show.
We strongly advise that you make your reservations and arrangements now or in the near future.
Theodore Roosevelt Symposium
- This year’s focus is perfect for BCA: The Naturalist in the Arena.
- Thursday evening Sept. 14 in Dickinson through closing reception at 4 pm MT on Saturday, Sept. 16 in Medora. Take part in all or select a portion to suit your schedule and interests
- Registration is required either prior to or at the door. Early bird registration saves you money and offers motel rooms at discount.
- For in depth info including speakers, schedule, lodging, etc., visit www.theodorerooseveltcenter.org
Dakota Nights Astronomy Festival
- Friday evening through Saturday and Sunday, September 15-17
- South Unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Medora
- Telescopes will be set up at Peaceful Valley all three nights.
- In previous years the range of daytime presenters and activities has been wonderful and fitting of both families and adults.
- All events are free of charge with your Park entrance fee.
- There are currently reservable campsites at Cottonwood Campground in the South Unit as well as in Sully Creek State Park just south of Medora. It will be a busy weekend; you may want to take advantage of reservations – the sooner the better.
- Cottonwood Info and Reservations: https://www.nps.gov/thro/planyourvisit/cottonwood-campground.htm
- Sully Creek Info and Reservations: http://www.parkrec.nd.gov/parks/scsp/scsp.html
Please, let us know if you are attending all or a portion of the long-weekend events so we can watch for you and share the fun. Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-255-4958.
View the PDF for this event.